Sunday, December 18, 2016

How to get things done - quick video

Recently I saw this video about procrastination and even though I am usually skeptical about these kind of self-help tutorials, I actually have used several tips from here, so I wanted to share it:


My favorite idea was putting small goals aka "two crappy pages per day", because I usually do exactly the opposite - I sit down and want to get a thing done perfectly right away, but with a lot of things it is not possible and then I start to feel like I failed and start with all the negative thoughts which bring me to do nothing. But putting a small goal and praising myself if I have done this or even more, really makes me feel better and reminds that putting myself down doesn't help anyone. 

Also, the 20-minute focused work episodes and putting calendar meetings for tasks work well for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment